Thursday, April 24, 2014

Japanese lifestyle Gogatsu Ningyou 五月人形(ごがつにんぎょう)

  I haven't written articles recently.
  Today, I will write about the Gogatsu Ningyou.
May 5 is Children's day in Japan.
Some people adorn a doll, called Gogatsu Ningyou.
It is like this...
  The children's day is also the day for boys.
People celebrate the birth of boys in the hope of
the boy's good health.
 We haven't adorned this Gogatsu Ningyou for
long years. My father told me we haven't adorned this one
since I was a child.
  The reason why we adorned this doll in this year is that
I needed to introduce this on this blog.
I decided to focus on the traditional events in each season.

  This doll is wearing a warrior's helmet. How do you like it?

  And, I just almost finished making my picture book.
The name of the title is かえるくんのねがい(Kaeru-kun no Negai)
which means "The hope of Kaeru-kun"
 Kaeru means a"frog". Kun is the honorific title in Japanese.
 I want to keep my life creative! I don't feel get bored at my daily life.
In this story, violinist Kaeru-kun play the violin, hoping that
his dead friend Yagi-kun would listen to his performance.



No comments: