Sunday, November 10, 2013

Japanese traditional culture ~39~ Origami ~How to make a crane~

  Today, I will teach you how to make a crane with origami.
Do you know origami? I have heard that this Japanese traditional
culture is getting to be known all over the world.
  It is a kind of craft with paper.
  In Japan, you can buy colorful papers for origami like below.
And also, it's not expensive. Just 100 yen(less than 1 Euro) ~ 300 yen.
And it has 300 papers in the one pack.
  Why do I need to make a crane with origami?
  It's because I want to use a lot of cranes by origami at my wedding party.
You may have seen the scene, many guests scatter petals in hand to the
bride and groom. We will do that with a lot of cranes instead of petals.
  This way seems to be getting popular at Japanese wedding.
  When I heard of that, I got surprised to know such a creative way.
  Traditionally, Japanese people have imported other cultures from abroad
and modified those cultures in Japanese way. This is one of the typical examples
of such Japanese style.
  By the way, I attach a lot of photos on how to make a crane.


                                                     Fold once like above
Fold twice like this
 I don't know how to explain in English... Just see and imitate it...


 You fold the other side like this
 You need to make this.
 I guess this is the most difficult for begginers.


 You do the same thing on the other side.





It's done.

 You can try this with a square paper. I have to make 300 cranes with my bride.
I'll ask some people for help.
 Today is Sunday. It's my lovely holiday!! I will practice the piano for my wedding.
I will play the classical piece "the Liebestraum No. 3" by Franz Liszt at my wedding.
And I will get ahead of the story I have launched to write a bit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Liebestraum No. 3 is such a great piece for a wedding! You have good taste...

Maybe if it's at night, you can play a Chopin Nocturne too. ^^

I wish you all the best for your wedding!

marimari said...

Anonymous Anonymous

Thank you.

Nocturne is nice.

You may like classical.

I like it too.

Unknown said...

ok, this is harder then it looks. Originally, I thought: "pf! How hard can it be." But now I've tried it a couple of times (much more then that) and I finaly feel I am starting to get a hand of it. Practice, practice ...

Thanks for teaching!
:)

marimari said...

Shantal ForSD

Challenge it!
You just need to get used to it.