Monday, February 10, 2014

Japanese food ~38~~Miso~ Do you know how to make it?

 Yesterday, I had an unusual experience.
I joined a kind of workshop to make miso.
First of all, do you know the miso? Miso is a Japanese traditional food
which is put in the miso soup.
 We usually get it at a super market. It looks like this.
  Miso is made from soy beans. I've already known that. I guess most of
Japanese know about that. We learn such a thing in our childhood.
  There are so many beans in the bucket. These beans were steamed for four hours.
We bought 5 kg miso yesterday.
And then you mix the smashed soy beans with malted rice.
After you mix it, you make some balls.
You put these balls in the bucket. You need to level it.
The reason why you make balls is that the air would not be contained in the
miso. There are many miscellaneous germs in the air.
Almost it's done. After you put on the cover, you put weight on the cover.
You have to preserve it for a half year in your house.  

  My wife's family lent me hina dolls set. There are dolls in my house already.
But these hina dolls are bigger than that I have showed on this blog.
I will show this type of doll in the near future. Look forward to it!!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

you preserve it for lalf a year? Doesn't it go bad? Is it stored in a freezer or something?

I have never tasted miso - its not something that is eaten here in Denmark. But soya and rise - I guess it has kind of sweet taste?

marimari said...

Shantal ForSD

You need to keep putting this
miso on cool place.
It doesn't get bad.
It's mysterious.

Miso is salty taste.
This hand made miso is a little
bit sweet.