Saturday, October 19, 2013

Japanese education ~10~The classical literature

  From next year, I have to teach junior high school students
Japanese at my workplace. I mean, I will have both English and Japanese class
at my work place. I have been preparing for the classes of next year now.
The other day, I learned the Japanese classical literature.
  I haven't read such works recently. I used to study it until high school.
  On this posting, I will write about the work I learned at that day.

  I still feel hard to find those classical literature are interesting. ^^;
When I was in school, I didn't enjoy learning classical so much.
However, I felt it was not so difficult to read the work.
  Japanese junior high school students have to read the work
like below in order to enter high school. The work is from the
examination for entering high school of Kumamoto prefecture.
 If you want to get in the public high school,
you have to have each prefecture's test held in March.

  This classical work was written at the end of Heian period.(794-1192)

From "Kojidan"(= title of the book)

  Kyougoku daijou daijinn(it is the status of a person) Munesuke kou (= a man
whose name is Munesuke) was having bees. People said it is useless.

  An aristocrat was at Tobadono(= the name of an imperial villa which is
located in suburb of Kyoto).
 One day, a beehive suddenly fell down in front of an aristocrat and
a lot of bees flew through the air. People got in panic.
 Munesuke found a "biwa(=a loquat)"which was in front of the aristocrat.
And then he peeled it and raised it. All the bees put on the loquat.
Bees did not fly through the air any more. Munesuke gave the loquat
the servant besides the aristocrat.

 The aristocrat said "I appreciate so much."
He praised him so much.

                                                    Fin

  How did you feel, reading this story?
The original story has some phrases that has not been used nowadays.
So, it is kind of difficult to read. However, the story is understandable.

No comments: