Sunday, October 6, 2013

Japanese lifestyle ~68~About workplace

   I listen to the radio on my way to my workplace.
I've heard that American or Canadian workers put on
his or her family's photo on the desk at workplace.
Maybe people would put on family's photo in other
cultures, too.
  But in Japan, I guess it is not common to do so.
I think it is not very welcomed to do so in Japanese culture.
In Japan, workers usually are working at opened space
in an office. I think most of company would not give
an separated room to each worker.



  I have kept posting articles on this blog for one year since
I started. Fortunately, a lot of people checked this blog
from various countries. I counted the number of the countries
yesterday. It was 72. It is said that there are about 190 countries
in the world. I guess the kind of country would not increase
any more...
  When I started this blog, I aimed to keep posting for one year.
I don't know if I can keep posting in the future as well.
I like to think about the cultural differences between other cultures.
So, I hope this blog continues.


  I have kept writing a story like below. This work has become
100 papers with Japanese manuscript paper. But the story
has not finished yet. I need to write more to end the story...
I don't know how much I need to write from now.
That may become a very very long story for children...
Writing 100 papers is my first experience. If I entry a
competition, the manuscript papers should be from 80 to 150.
This story is about baseball which is one of the most popular
sports in Japan. I know baseball is not so common sport in Europe.
Hopefully, I want to attach something interesting to read some day.
It will be more shorter story...


Thanks for reading!!
https://www.facebook.com/SeeMyJapan




2 comments:

Unknown said...

but of course, you will keep posting - its a great blog that many people read :) I know that I will sure miss your blog if it disappears.

So, most of the offices in Japan are "open" - all people in the same big room?
This is a fashion that is also coming to Denmark recently. I am not sure if this is good or bad - I personaly think people get more stressed out of it. But at the same time, I realize that it is may be cheaper for the company.

The place where I work, we each have office and it gives a kind of calm environment. There is a "compromise" - we keep our doors open and whenever somebody needs, they can always come in.

marimari said...

Shantal ForSD

Thanks so much.
Recently, I have found it is not
so easy to find a good topic to post.
I just try to keep posting as long as
some one in the world check my blog...
Thanks.

Well, I have heard that company
started to adopt opened space workplace
in western countries.
I think you can discuss easily and
quickly if you are in the opened room.
I guess Japanese adopt this system
because people need to watch each other in order to keep good productivity.

But I hope I experience the system
of your country once.