Sunday, June 2, 2013

Japanese lifestyle ~62~ school trip part 2

  The students who went for school trip came back a few days ago.
I did not expect to do the homework I assigned.(Talk to foreigners
in English in Kyoto.) Because you would need courage if you
talk to in second language.
  As I thought, most of students couldn't talk to foreigners.
One of the students said, "I found some people from abroad but
I could not talk". Maybe that's natural.
   But two of students said, "I was talked by foreigners."
He said he could understand  a few words. He was asked his name.
The other student was asked where the bus stop was. But
he said that he showed it in Japanese. hahaha.
  But both of them had nice experience. From my experience,
the guide for tourists is one of the international communication.
People from abroad get strong impression from the behavior
if you ask for the guide. And sometimes you make some
images of the country and culture from those people's behaviors.
  When I go abroad, I make some impressions from people I meet
unconsciously. A few weeks ago, students in my class learned how to
explain if you are asked for the guide. I taught them, "Don't run away,
you should guide. Gesture is OK."

No comments: