Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Japanese traditional culture ~43~Oosouji

  The season oosouji is coming! I wrote about oosouji at the end of the last year.
Oosouji directly means "Big cleaning".
  We focus on cleaning home or the workplace and so on in this season.
We do that so that we can welcome the new year in the cleaned environment.
And we started to wash the curtains of the window. I am kind of busy on my
business now, so I need to start Oosouji little by little so that we can
finish by the end of this year.
  This tradition would have the meaning of protecting people from evil.
Recently, I believe cleaning the room or house leads to stabilize the
good mental condition

  I really like the season of the beginning of the year. Because the
atmosphere is so refreshed.

 By the way,I don't do anything in my house at Christmas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also tend to think that physical labour helps the mental condition. Somehow, I feel good after hard work, it calms me down and gives me a kind of satisfaction. Nice feelings.