Saturday, August 17, 2013

Japanese traditional culture ~29~ paper fan (Uchiwa うちわ)

  I wonder if there are paper fan like this in foreign country...
This is stuff, called uchiwa is essential to summer life.
But most of the buildings have an air conditioners so you don't need to
keep this uchiwa with you.
 
 These bars are called "senkou". Buddhist usually offer these senkou to
the spirits if front of the grave. The smell of the smoke is unique.
The smell reminds me the Bon season.

  I found this blog counted 10000 viewers. I keep writing this blog
from October last year. About 60 countries' people have checked this blog before.
Thank you so much. I want to know what kind of things you want me to write
about Japanese culture on this blog...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Can this fan be folded? I think it is beautiful - it is made not just to serve the practical purpose, but also to give joy to the eyes - I admire that.

Recently in Bulgaria (it gets way over 40C in the summer there) they are starting to use a lot fans, but typically they are made of very thin cloth - not paper; and they can be folded and unfolded.
But I would not say that it is a tradition - it is relatively new thing.

To me it is no surprise that your blog is popular - I for one, enjoy reading it. So just keep it up - I hope you will have time also in the future.

marimari said...

Shantal ForSD

This type of paper fan can't be
folded. What you mean is called "Sensu".
I will introduce it at the next
article.
How about you get it when you
come to Japan in October?
There are many kinds of colorful Sensu.(Hopefully I hope to take
contact to you while you're in
Japan. And I want to know how
you're spending time.)
It sometimes becomes 38C or
more here in Japan.

Well... I will be able to have
more time to write after September.

Unknown said...

I also hope to get in contact with you - I'll definitely let you know when its travel time for me :) If you are on facebook, I hope I can follow you there, too?

I am planning to make myself something like a travel blog about Japan - I am so looking forward to it.

marimari said...

Shantal ForSD

Please search on facebook
"片亀球王"

Unknown said...

Thank you - I have sent you a friend request and hope you will accept it.

Unknown said...

どうも ありがと ございます
công ty xuất khẩu lao động nhật bản,xuất khẩu lao động nhật bản, xuất khẩu lao động đài loan