Thursday, August 22, 2013

Japanese traditional culture ~30~ Fan Sensu せんす 扇子

  These are fans which can be folded. If you come to Japan in the summer,
you will experience so hot temperature. Using this fan, called "sensu"
could be one of the ways to cool down your body. But, these tools are
not so popular in daily life nowadays, I think. I don't often see the people
who are using these stuffs. I often see these stuffs at souvenir shop.
  When I went to Germany two years ago, I bought the left one. It was because
I wanted to show someone this. I thought this kind of stuff would be
unusual for European. But I did not have a chance to do that.
  The left one was not cheap... Maybe it costed about 2000 yen.
I think it's good quality. It has a dragon's drawing.
昇 means "rise (to the sky)".
龍  means dragon.




I am trying to write something. The work I wrote during the bon vacation
was 27 papers. If I entry the competition, I would need to write more than
50 papers at least. The long story should be more than 100 papers...
Oh, I need more training....





2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are right - those look much more like the once that are used in BG. The ones on the picrure are beaufiful. I often have this "reaction" to many Japanese things (including food) - it looks so neat and beautiful, that I wonder how somebody could use it and spoil it :)
I recenly saw some pictures of wagashi and had the same reaction - it is so refined and lovely that I cannot imagine people eating it and destroyin such beauty.

50 pages is a big work, that requires quite some amount of dedication - wish you luck with your work!

marimari said...

Shantal ForSD

Yes, wagashi are beautiful.
They are trying to make
wagashi that would be good looking.

If I have a chance, I would like to attach photos of wagashi.

Thanks for giving me a good
topic on this blog.