Saturday, August 31, 2013

Japanese expression ~14~ Tongue twister 早口言葉(はや くち こと ば)

  I have heard the English tongue twister.
She sells sea shells by the seashore.
Yesterday, I heard the tongue twister on radio like below.
"a cup of proper coffee in a proper copper coffee cup"
  I introduce some famous Japanese tongue twisters.

なまむぎ なまごめ なまたまご (生麦 生米 生卵)
namamugi  namagome  namatamago
raw  wheat,  raw rice, raw egg

となりの きゃくは よく かきくう きゃくだ (隣の客はよく柿食う客だ)
tonarino kyakuwa  yoku kakikuu  kyakuda
the guest of neighbor often eat persimmons

I found a funny phrase on Internet.
こつそしょうしょう そしょう しょうそ
kotsusosyousyou   sosyou  syouso
It means,  won the suit for the osteoporosis
I can't pronounce this one.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha - this is like super advanced pilotage - to me most of Japanese language - even the simplest Things, sound like a tongue twister still :)

Your post today reminded me of the old movie Mery Poppins and the very long word: supercalafragalisticexpialadoshus

:)

marimari said...

Shantal ForSD

Oh, I have heard the word.
But I don't know what it is.
I guess most of languages have
these kinds of tongue twisters.

Unknown said...

Actually this word means nothing - it does not exist in normal English and was made up for the movie. In the movie, though, they claim that this is something you say when you don't know what to say :)

Nvaier said...

Oh, that reminds me! Our previous teacher once taught us some tongue twisters.
Sadly, I was only able to find one in my notebook:
"ぼうすがびょうぶにじょうずにぼうずのえをかいた".
I remember it being a little difficult to pronounce at the time(we barely spoke any Japanese).
It was a lot of fun though :)

marimari said...

Nvaier

That one is also famous.