Sunday, September 1, 2013

Japanese lifestyle ~64~A bridal fair

Today, I went to a bridal fair.
There are so many choices in each customs of wedding.
For example, about meal, you can choose from Western style
or Western&Japanese style. And then there are some grades from
12000yen ~16000yen for each person.





  And as I am telling on this blog that Japanese culture is gift giving culture,
the couple need to prepare for some gifts to appreciate those who joined the
wedding. Here are those photos of gifts.
 









 We have to discuss which gift is the best for relatives or friends...
Because there are too many choices, it is hard to decide. Each gift was
about 3000 yen. It was not expensive than I expected.
   It is said that the number of the gift should be an odd number, such as
3,5,7.  Because an even number can be divided. There is a superstitious meaning.
This is Katsuobushi. (dried bonito shavings) There is a meaning of good luck.
I found a wrapped gift like rabbit's ear. The cloth is Japanese traditional cloth,
called furoshiki.

These are tiny gifts for guest. Can you believe? These are toilet papers...

Here is a make-up corner.
There are more than 10 kinds of choices for album.

I got tired to see these things. It is hard to choose from these varieties.





4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

All those pictures are of beautiful things - I can understand how you can have difficulties choosing. Hope you and your coming wife have similar tastes - then it will be much easier - otherwise - let her choose - girls dream about this stuff and like planning their weddings :)

In BG there is this tradition: the family of the groom buys the wedding dress of the bride and the other way around: the family of the bride buys the cloths that the groom wears at the wedding. In my opinion, it is hard, because this means that the bride goes out shopping for a dress with her future mother in law - it is difficult and embarssing to choose a dress this way.

I am curious: is there similar tradition in Japan?

marimari said...

Shantal ForSD

In my region, I've heard that
groom need to pay for the clothes
of bride. Groom need to pay for the clothes by himself.
I think each region has each custom in Japan.

mackyton said...

Yeah I agree! Such bridal fairs give so many ideas for arrangements of wedding. I have attended a bridal fair before my wedding at San Francisco wedding venues. I have got great information on wedding dress and wedding venue decoration from there.