Monday, September 16, 2013

Japanese lifestyle ~67~typhoon

  During this season, the typhoon is the great worry to us.
Today is my holiday. But typhoon is coming near my hometown.
It's so raining now. And very strong wind is blowing outside.
  Every year we count the number of typhoon, like
Taihuu(typhoon) 1 gou(gou 号),2 gou, 3 gou...
 The unit is "gou" when you count the number of typhoon.
And the typhoon which is coming now is 18 gou.
  If you are living along the coast, it's very dangerous during season.
Maybe there are some lives are lost every year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

18!? This sounds just so scary..
About how many typhoons per year is typical?

Here in DK, we are pretty much free of this danger - there is normally a short storm season in the end of November - strong rains and winds that once in a while root out trees, but nothing dramatical. Nothing that comes even close to a typhoon.

Please, be careful!

marimari said...

Shantal ForSD

I sometimes hear typhoon 22 or 23 is
coming... on broadcast. So, I guess
there are more than 20 times in a year.

The climate is so much different from
DK, right? I get used to this climate
from my childhood. But I am afraid that
the day of abnormal weather conditions
has been increasing recently.