Sunday, April 21, 2013

Japanese expression ~7~ nido ne

  I teach one Japanese word. That is "nido ne", which means
two times sleeping.
  Nido means "two times". We pronounce two "ni" in Japanese.
  Ne means "sleeping".
  Nido ne is to sleep again after you wake up in the morning.
  For example, you get up at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday. And you
may sleep again in bed because you don't want to get up.
I've heard that it is not effective to do nidone if you want to
take a rest.
  But, it is hard to overcome temptation to do nidone especially on Sunday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, man, on Sundays, I feel like not just doing nidone, but sandone ;)

I am the type of person that can sleep at any given time of the day or night and Sundays are good time to compensate for lacking sleep in the week :)

But this Sunday is almost over and its on to the next week ...

marimari said...

To Shantal ForSD

Yes, you can also say sandone, yondone, godone...
But I guess you get tired if you do godone.