Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Japanese lifestyle ~49~ cars I see on the street

  When I drive my car, I like to watch an oncoming car.
I am not a car OTAKU(nerd). And I don't know about car well.
But I often observe what kind of car is coming on the opposite
lane on the street.
  I show here what kind of car I often see in my hometown.

  First of all, I think I see TOYOTA's car the most frequently.
Secondly, I often see Nissan and Honda.
  Lexus, the TOYOTA's car are recognized as a luxury car.
And also I see Mazda.(My car is Mazda) You would not know about
this maker. I think this maker is one of the most popular car makers.
  And, I sometimes see Benz BMW and volkswagen.
  These days, I can see Alfaromeo. But it is so rare.

  Some decades ago, young people used to have dreams to but
such a luxury car. But it is said that young people who want to
buy such luxury cars have been decreasing. If you live in Tokyo,
you don't need cars to move because you can go anywhere in Tokyo
by getting on trains or subways.
  And it is because of the financial reason. You have to pay tax,
insurance, parking fee, and so on. I heard that you have to pay around 1000 yen
per one hour for parking car if you live in Tokyo. (In my hometown, we just
pay 100 yen per one hour. hahaha)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

um, Mazda is actually rather popular here in Denmark. Also Toyota (that is whats in my driveway) and Volvo.

Here the most safe car is cosidered to be Volvo (it performs really well on crush tests and in real life situations).

The most well made car brand is considered Toyota - here in Denmark, cars undergo extensive check every 2 years and the cars that perform best in such cases are Toyota's.

Toyota is also very good when it comes to rust - keep in mind that in Denmark, there are tons of salt that are spread on the roads during Winter, to prevent ice. Not many cars can handle all that salt without rusting really quickly...

marimari said...

Shantal ForSD

I didn't know people spread salt on the road in Denmark.Did you see that scene until recently?

Unknown said...

They try to prevent accidents due to ice on the road. Tons of salt are spread all over the roads in DK - from the moment the first snow falls to the last time it snows in the winter. Last time must have been in late March when we had a snowstorm.

Same story - but in a smaller scale goes on privately - here in DK, it is the law that every owner has to make sure the sidewalks are clean of snow and ice on a daily basis. People salt the sidewalks a lot - otherwise, they risk high medical bills if somebody falls and gets hurt on their property.

If you write "vejsalt" in google image search, you will see some of the machines that are used to spread salt on the roads.

This salt is not so good for the cars - they rust really quickly.
(another curious side effect: people tend to wash their dog's paws each time they come back from a walk, because the salt is bad fot their paws, too)