Friday, May 24, 2013

Japanese expression ~10~ Yojijukugo 四字熟語

  Have you heard of Yojijukugo? That is a kind of saying. That
consists of four Kanji and tell us suggestive meanings.
  I would like to introduce those Yojijukugo.

  虚心坦懐 kyo shin tan kai きょ しん たん かい
I think the idea of  this yojijukugo is closely related to the Japanese way of thinking.
This expression means...
It is the condition of your heart without vexations, and prejudice.
And it is also innocent,and gentle...
When I look up on the Web, it says, it means "open mind" in English.
  Actually, that translation sounds good. But I thinks this expression
sounds more dignified expression. Maybe you would use the word,''open mind''
easily. But we don't usually use this 虚心坦懐 in daily conversation.
  Some sporksman use this term at the public speach.

私は虚心坦懐に業務を進めていきたい。
I would like to do my job with a mind of 虚心坦懐.
 

No comments: