Thursday, January 24, 2013

Japanese expression ~7~ Okage samade

I tell you the phrase Okage samade.
This phrase reflect the Japanese way of thinking.
When people are said, "Congratulation" by someone, he say "Okagesamade".
Or if he or she had good thing, he or she would say Okagesamade to the person
who supported him or her.
I think this phrase has the meaning of thanks for person. But this phrase
also has the meaning "I appreciate for your cooperation.".
I think a lot of Japanese people like the idea of "cooperation".
As you may know, Japanese people focus on the harmony of group in our daily life.
Maybe a lot of Japanese people strongly believe each person can't make a living
or make a success without the other person's cooperation.
When we become adult and start to make a living, we sometimes realize that
we can't live without the other person's help.
 Most of Japanese people would not thank for God when we make a success.
Maybe most of people would thank for the people who supported him or her
such as family, co-workers, friends and so on.
I sometimes see the sport player pray for God when he make a success.
I guess Japanese people feel the cultural difference.

5 comments:

Saku said...

I like this way of thinking!
Can I also use this sentence, if someone translates me something to Japanese? Or if someone corrects my wrong Japanese sentences? :D

marimari said...

Well...for me it sounds unnatural.
For example, if you could pass the
difficult examination, you can use
this phrase.
I guess, you can use this phrase in the situation when you make a big success.

Saku said...

I see :D Thanks for your explanation (^_^)

Tonykaku said...

Marimari-sama, otsukaresama, okagesama de : )

marimari said...

To Tonykaku

I like to post this blog.
As long as someone like this
blog, hopefully I would like
to keep posting.^^