Monday, January 14, 2013

Japanese habit/custom ~17~ Tsumekiri

This is my nail clippers.
How do you care your nail? Do you have this kind of stuff in your country?
I am not sure how the other country people care their nail.
Is the shape same? Or do you use any different tool to care your nail?



By the way, it is very popular to decorate the nails between woman.
Woman ,especially young woman decorate the nails like this. It is called  "Nail art"
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fc/Nail_art.jpg
A lot of Japanese man hope to get married with woman who like to cook
the meal. When Japanese man look for the woman to get married, he may check
if woman  decorate the nail like this. Because, if you do nail art, you would not
be able to wash rice. Of course I can't say generally.^^;

4 comments:

Saku said...

I have something similar, but smaller ^^ We also have very small scissors for our nails, but I can't use them very well... I'm better with using this clipper *haha*
In Germany some women also do nail art. :D

Melissa said...

Yes in Indonesia we use this kind of nail clipper.
In fact, I just realized that my nail clipper has a writing "Made in Japan" on it hahaha.. But I bought in Indonesia :D

About girls who can't cook because they do nail art, it's funny, because some young men here also think the same way "she will be too busy doing her nails rather than doing any other things" hahaha.. but yes, not all young men think the same way :D

marimari said...

To Saku

We have the small scissors too.
But I think the nail clipper is more common in Japan.

marimari said...

To Melissa

I see.
Do you think Japanese maker is the
first company that brought to your country?
I don't know who made this product firstly.