Saturday, January 12, 2013

Japanese saying ~1~ あ(a)

From this posting, I will introduce the Japanese sayings from time to time.
(I don't write about it everyday)
I use the karuta that I showed you at the last posting.
Today's saying is....
あたまかくして しり かくさず。
If I translate it directly, it means
you hide the head but you don't notice that you couldn't hide your hip.
Atama(あたま)=head
kakusu(かくす) means "hide". かくして かくさず is variation of kakusu.
It is hard to explain about grammar for native Japanese...
Siri(しり)= hip

  I explain the meaning of this saying.

  Even if you think you could hide something, people would know about it.

  Yes, you can't hide all of the bad things. God knows everything...




5 comments:

Melissa said...

I really like the meaning of this saying!

marimari said...

Do you have the same meaning of
saying in your culture?

Melissa said...

There's a similar saying like this in my country, even though the literal meaning is "even the smallest lie can be seen someday" :)

Saku said...

Oooh yay thank you so much! I'm very interested in Japanese sayings! (^_^)
It's great to introduce some of them. :D
In Germany there is a saying like "Liars have short legs". I think it means, you can't escape (run away very fast) and your lie will come out one day.

Anonymous said...

from Roman Lebedev, Facebook:
In Russia there is a saying with a similar meaning: All secrets come out.