Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Japanese food ~24~ Ama zake

I tell you something about Ama zake.
Ama means "sweet". And Zake means sake. That is, Japanese alcohol.
  As you see above, amazake is white color drink. It is cloudy sake.
I looked up amazake on internet. It says the origin of amazake goes back to
the Tumulus period!! I didn't know about that at all.
It is popular to drink this amazake in winter. Usually, we warm this drink.
I heard that this drink has various nutrition, such as Vitamin B1, B2, B6,folic acid,
and so on. This amazake is made from rice and malted rice.
This drink is named "sake". But a minor can drink this amazake.
  I heard that there is amazake cafe in Japan.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Amazake-cyaya_01.jpg
  I think this drink is not alchole so you can drive after drinking amazake.
  Sometimes you would see the shrine give this amazake to visitors when you
go to "Hatsumoude". It is free service.

 Thanks for reading!
Facebook page




No comments: