Saturday, January 5, 2013

Japanese traditional culture ~12~ Hatsumoude

  I went to Hatsumoude on 2nd January.
Hatsumoude means like "visiting a shrine firstly"
This is traditional event. A lot of japanese people got to shrine or temple
to pray so that they would be able to live safely in the whole year.
Or they pray so that they would have good things in the year.
  I went to Tamamura hachimangu, where I have introduced on this blog before.
I saw a lot of people there. I heard this shrine has been religious important place.
There was a worshiper from Knagawa prefecture,(it is located in the south of Tokyo)
for long years ago.
  Anyway, I attach some photos here. Please feel the atmosphere of Hatsumoude.





 I saw a lot of carps.



 You pray here.
You put in a coin. It should be 5 yen.
We pronounce 5 yen "ごえん(go en)" It means you have good luck to meet good person.
There is a way to pray.
1 put in a coin in a box
2 ring the bell
3 bow two times
4 crap two times
5 bow one time
This is my way. I guess all people do like this in Japan



This is Omikuji.(おみくじ) You can see the luck.


The luck is 吉(kichi) It means"even".

I got this sea bream. Sea bream is good fish in Japan.

The hope : you would achieve it but it would be late.
The person you wait : he or she would come
The things you lost : you would not find it soon
The travel : no benefit you should not go
Business : even
study : it would be better if you make an effort
The stock quotation : the price would move. Make an action.
conflict : even if you are calm
love : watch out the rival in love
moving your house : not good
childbirth : an easy delivery
disease : don't worry
The marriage : it would go well if you don't change your mind




 Thanks for reading!
Facebook page

5 comments:

Saku said...

Wow... This is really impressive!
I hope I can visit a shrine when I'm in Japan one day.

marimari said...

Yes. There are many shrines in Japan. The atmosphere must be
different from church in Germany.

Melissa said...

Very nice post!

When I went to Kasuga-taisha shrine (春日大社) in Nara Japan, I also got a paper with fortune writings that looks like an omikuji.

The people said that if I got a 'bad fortune' I should tie it on rope nearby.

Is it the same like omikuji or something else?

marimari said...

I think it sounds the same. It is the first time that I have heard that you need to tie it if you got bad fortune. I have never been to Kasuga-taisha. It must be big shrine.

Melissa said...

Ah maybe it's omikuji then :)

Yes Kasuga-taisha is a very big shrine! It's a beautiful shrine with lots of lanterns.