Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Japanese food ~ 23 ~ Osechi ryouri

I introduce what we eat in the Osyougatsu(お正月) season.
(Osyougatsu means "the beginning of the year".)
This is Osechi ryouri.


  Osechi ryouri is very colourful isn't it? And each foods have various tastes, salty foods, sweet foods, spicy foods, and sour foods. Usually, I have not had this osechi ryori in Osyogatsu. But in this year, I bought this osechi because I wanted to show on this blog. This osechi is special dishes.
The osechi I had in this year had 33 kinds of dishes at one box.
  About 10 years ago, we could not buy osechi easily like now because supermarket or
restaurant just did not do such service. Each family needed to make osechi in the house.
It was very hard work. Maybe it was mother and grand mother's work at home.
But I think there are still many families that keep the tradition because they think handmade
dishes are so nice.
  I had a drink (Nihonshu). Japanese people usually do not drink in the daytime. But in Osyogatsu,
it is OK to drink a lot in the daytime. I was drunken from the morning...
  Today, I will go to shrine. This event is called "Hatsumoude". People go to shrine to pray so
we can live healthily in whole year. I will take a lot of photos. 
 
 

2 comments:

Saku said...

Oh wow, this really looks delicious! Thanks for sharing! I also like the colors (*_*)

marimari said...

Did you like it?
It is colorful, isn't it?