Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Japanese food ~18~ pan

The day before yesterday, I had a bread for breakfast.
I had a bread, salad, soup, milk, butter, and  blue berry jam.
  Bread came to Japan from Europe long time ago. And it is said that it became more
popular from meiji period.(about 150 years ago) In Japanese, we call "pan".
I have heard that Japanese bread is different from bread of the other countries.
But I don't know how it is different from the other countries' bread.
I will go to buy Japanese bread and I would like to take photos in the near future.
So, I want you to judge how it is different. I guess the bread above is almost the
same one of your country.
  I usually don't eat bread for breakfast. But I guess a lot of Japanese people eat bread
for breakfast. You can ask Japanese people, the person eat rice or bread for
breakfast.
 I would like to attach the photos of Japanese bread in the near future!

Thanks for reading!

Facebook page



4 comments:

Saku said...

I met a Japanese girl a while ago and she said German bread is more fluffy then Japanese bread. She said Japanese bread is very sticky, German bread usually isn't sticky at all! (^-^)
A lot of German people eat bread for breakfast, too.

marimari said...

That's interesting.
I guess the Japanese bread is
processed for Japanese people.

Unknown said...

In Denmark, there is a typical form of bread that is almost inedible for anybody else but the Danes :) Its dark brown, looks almost wet and looks made of compressed seeds, smells funny, too. It is called with the common name: "rugbrød" and its most certainly an aquired taste - took me more then 9 years to start liking it. Bad as it looks, its actually very healthy - rich on fiber and low on bad fat.
White bread is not that popular in Denmark.

Thanks for sharing :)
- Shantal

marimari said...

To Shantal ForSD

I looked up the "rugbrød"
on internet.
Maybe I have seen such bread
when I went to Germany.
But I don't know it is the same
one.
I remember it is wet bread.
It was not dry.