Friday, December 14, 2012

The price in Japan ~3~ Suihan ki

Do you have an electric rice cooker in your house? I just wondered.
"Suihanki" is a rice cooker
Japanese people mainly eat rice. So, most of the house have this sort of rice cooker.
It is easy to make a rice.
1 You take out the bowl from the rice cooker and you put rice into the bowl.
2 You wash the rice.
3 Push the button
(you can also set a timer.)
The rice cooker above shows on display how many hours it passed after the rice was made.
If time pass for long hours, the taste gets worse.
The price of this rice cooker 5000 yen ~ 70000 yen!! ^ ^ ; (45.69 Euro ~ 639.66 Euro!!)

  I tell you useful Japanese expression. When there are many kinds of product, which is very cheap and very high price, you say "Pin kara kiri made".
Yes, Japanese rice cooker is "Pin kara kiri made".
I don't know the Japanese restaurant in your country provide the same rice as
the restaurant in Japan. I guess Japanese rice is sticky. I heard that Vietnam rice is more
drier than Japanese rice. There are some kinds of rice in Asia.
Korean people eat the same kind of rice.

Thanks for reading!

Facebook page







4 comments:

Saku said...

I don't have an electric rice cooker at home.
But I have this:
http://cache1.willhaben.apa.net/mmo/0/499/115/30_-283454299.jpg
It's a rice cooker for the microwave. You put the rice in the bowl, the green thing on the bowl and then the lid. When the water comes up, it will drain of immediatly because of the swale.
Hmm... It's hard to explain... (>_<)

I also eat a lot of rice sometimes.

btw Just being curious... How do you write "Pin kara kiri made" in Japanese (with Kanji if there are some)? :)

marimari said...

You write
ピンからキリまで
ピンから(pi n ka ra)
キリまで(ki ri ma de)
ピン(pin) is katakana.
キリ(kiri) is katakana.(do you know katakana?)
I think this expression is useful.
If you use this expression,
Japanese people would think you know Japanese language so well.^^

Saku said...

Thank you! Got it! (^_^)
Yes I know Katakana :) Thanks~

marimari said...

You can write most of letter
in Japanese?
Maybe yes.
Good luch your Japanese language
skill. I hope I teach some good
things on this blog.