Sunday, December 2, 2012

Japanese lifestyle ~12~ When you have a cold

I had a cold some days ago. ^ ^ ;
Now it getting better.
In Japan, there is a saying. Kaze ha manbyou no moto.
It means, a cold is the origin of many kinds of diseases.(I translated directly)

 I would like to introduce what to do when I have a cold.
(I don't know all of the Japanese people's way.)
It is said that you should need to drink a lot of water.
And I sleep in bed. I use some moufus(blankets and quilts). I warm my body.
Sweat cool down your body so your fever would get better.

 I have heard that Japanese people often go to see a doctor compared to the other country.
Actually, if I needed to recover quickly, I would go to see a doctor.
The medicine the doctor gives you is usually effective.
(In my impression, the medicine at the pharmacy is not effective to me.)


It is said that sticking umeboshi on the forehead will lower your fever.
(Do you know umeboshi? Umeboshi is a pickled plum. It is very very very very sour stuff.
I promise you won't like it. ^ ^ ;) This is old stylish way. I have not seen anyone who does this way.




 It is said that gargling with Japanese green tea is good to prevent from catching a cold.


Thanks for reading!

Facebook page


 

4 comments:

Saku said...

Except of Umeboshi tea we do the same things ^^ And I always drink a loooot of tea... ^^;
I had a cold last week, too, so I stayed in bed a few days.. haha
Anyway, I hope you're fine now!

Jan Erik said...

Are you fine? It's the first time you didn't write in your blog. I hope everything is ok.

marimari said...

To Saku

I think green tea is also very good for a cold. It has a Vitamin C in it.
But drinking a lot of green tea cause the sleeplessness.

marimari said...

To Jan

Oh, you have counted my blog...
^^;
I am getting better. But I still
have a cough.