Sunday, December 9, 2012

Japanese lifestyle ~15~ about a gun

  In Japan, possess of gun is regulated strictly.
Police, a self-defense official, the official of Japan Coast Guard are allowed to
have a gun.
  In some case, people can have a gun. For example, it is for hunting, and sports.
But I heard that you have to pass the strict inspection.
  But it is OK to have the airsoft gun.(it is like a toy gun) I heard that
if the airsoft has the destructive power, the gun is regulated by law.
  I am thinking how Japanese people feel about this situation.
  I guess, most of Japanese people accept this situation. People would worry
about the society that allows to have gun more easier.
  My friend have experienced the shooting. (I have not had such experience.
But I have experienced the shooting by video game. ^ ^; In Japan, there are
thousands of such video game.)
  He went to Korea. So, in Korea, people may experience the shooting in some
institution.
  How about your country? I really don't know how the other country is
regulated.
 

4 comments:

Saku said...

This sounds good as it is...
It's the same in Germany, as far as I know.
I would feel very uncomfortable if anyone could own a weapon...
Anyway you can do tests etc to get a "gun licence", but I think it's not that easy to get one.

Unknown said...

Denmark: Pretty much the same - laws on weapon possesion are strict. Guns are not worn even by regular police. Actually here its illegal to go even with knives. You are not allowed to have a knive in the trunk of your car - or anything that has blade longer then 5 cm.

Denmark is pretty safe place to live and people are kind of thankful for the strict laws (I think anyway)

marimari said...

To Saku

Yes. I have same feeling.

marimari said...

To Shantal ForSD

Police men can't have the gun
in Denmark?
That's interesting.
Thank you for telling about that.