Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Japanese habit/custom ~16~ Christmas cake

I ate a cake yesterday.
This is ichigo shortcake. Ichigo means "strawberry".
A interesting cooler was in the cake box.
  The design of the cooler was Sakura.(perhaps...)
I have not seen like this cooler.(保冷剤= ho rei zai) Usually, cooler is plain colored pack.
Is this because it is for Christmas cake???
Anyway, I thought it was nice and good design.
  When you buy foods,especially sweets, the shop keeper put the cooler like this
in the box. Do you find this way in your country?
Nowadays, I sometimes see this  kind of stuff when you buy some sweets at the shop.
It is Kikubari(=take care of the other person) so that the sweets taste good.

Thanks for reading!

Facebook page


4 comments:

Saku said...

I did never see something like this in Germany :)
But I think it's very usefull!

marimari said...

Wow, really?
Is this stuff indidual in Japan?

Kyoto said...

Neither in Spain. In fact, I've only seen it here in Japan...

marimari said...

You mean, horeizai?
How about ichigo shortcake?