Sunday, December 16, 2012

Japanese food ~20~ neko manma

I introduce a neko manma.
Neko = cat
manma = rice
Japanese people sometimes say "manma" for baby, that means
rice.
So if I translate a neko manma, it is "rice for cat".
It is easy to make neko manma. You put miso soup on the rice.
That's it.
 You may know both of rice and miso soup. But you may not know
this mixed food.
 Probably, this manner is rude. People would not do this outside the home.
So, please do not do this at the Japanese restaurant in your country. ^ ^ ;
If you really want to try this at the Japanese restaurant,
please do not be found by someone. hahaha.
  Japanese people eat rice as main food. And usually, they eat side dishes
to eat rice. If they can't prepare enough side dishes, making neko manma
is one of the ways to enjoy your dish.
  But again, some people think it is rude.

Thanks for reading!

Facebook page


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to love eating neko manma at the restaurant I worked at, but it was a dish for staff only, never something to be served to customers.

Anonymous said...

I used to love eating neko manma at the restaurant I worked at, but it was a dish for staff only, never something to be served to customers.

marimari said...

To Anonymous

Oh, really? That's interesting.
I think this dish is not for
customers.

But I agree this is good taste.

Ash Green said...

Wow :)
This is an incredible collection of ideas!
Waiting for more helpful pieces.
You would amazing to read a similar one here-
petreviewz blog