Monday, December 10, 2012

Japanese lifestyle ~16~ kairanban

  Today, someone of my next-door neighbor left a kairanban in front of my house.
I would like to introduce the kairanban today.
  My town is divided into a lot of areas. People circulate a notice among the
people in each area.
 This is called kairanban.(回覧板)
  The content is different every time.
  Today, this kairanban caution us about the Internet crime.
And this advice an insolvent debtor  to consult with a consumer adviser.
We can get information about city events and finance of the town from this kairanban.
Besides that, the number of the crime in the town.
In my hometown, the number of  crime was 19 in October.
(a bicycle theft 2, robbery in the car 2, broken bending machine 1,  damaging property 4
others 10)
  I think this kairanban is very important to know about the community where people
live. I think this custom is common in Japan.

 I need to bring this kairanban to the next neighbor soon.

Thanks for reading!

Facebook page


 

  

4 comments:

Saku said...

Wow, this is indeed interesting!
We don't have anything like that...
There is a local newspaper, but it's very different I guess.

Unknown said...

So, do I understand this correctly - they don't mass-print those and everybody gets a copy, but they print several copies, spread them over and then the people who got them read them and pass them further?
If thats the case, its a lovely thing - on many levels - avoids waste of resources and shows the consideration of the people.

Thanks for sharing!
- Shantal

marimari said...

To Saku

You don't have this kind of thing
in Germany?
This kairanban must be interesting
for you.

marimari said...

Shantal ForSD

You are right.
This system may be interesting
for you.