Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Japanese habit/custom ~28~ Yomikikase

  I introduce about "Yomikikase" that became common in the field of education.
Yomikikase means "telling a story for children".
It is the activity of reading a book for children. Usually, the book is a picture book.

  Yesterday, I joined the activity. I went to an elementary school near my house
in the morning. My father is the member of Yomikikase group. I just joined
it because I am interested in children's education. It was my first experience to join that.
  The  activity started from 8:30 A.M. The volunteer members got together at
the library in the elementary school firstly. They go to class according to each
member's charge. I heard that each member reads the book he or she likes.
I accompanied one of the member.
 She read the picture book about a man who helped a village. I played a role
of holding the picture book and turning the page. It was easy task. ^ ^ ;
 After she read the book, children said "Arigatou gozaimashita!!"
They said together. It is common style of Japanese education.
I guess it sounds unusual for foreign people. Do you do that in your country?

 Well, Yomikikase became very popular in Japan. I guess a lot of group
do this kind of activity widely in Japan. When I was a kid, I liked to
to listen to a story. It is bothering for some children to read a book.
 I think this activity is good because children have many chances to
listen to various stories.

After Yomikikase, I was told to become the member of Yomikikase. ^ ^ ;
I am wondering... But it is good chance to publish my work.




6 comments:

Saku said...

Kawaii... ^^
I don't know if German elementary schools do this kind of stuff... (O_o) I think when I was in school we didn't.
But it's a good thing to get the children used to concentrate, sit still and listen ^^

And you really should become a member of Yomikikase! :D

marimari said...

Oh, do you think I should join that?
Actually, children were so
kawaii.
They listened to the
story telling carefully
more than I expected.

Anonymous said...

You should really join this group! Having children loving to read is wonderful!

Hyacinth, Canada:)

marimari said...

Oh, I see.
Maybe I am getting to think of joining Yomikikase group little by little.

Unknown said...

If you can find somebody to draw pictures to supplement your stories, you can make a book out of each story. Then print it out and go read it for the kids - it will give you a good idea how your stories are accepted - on such readings you have the chance to observe the reactions of the kids. Children are more honest in their reactions, too.

marimari said...

To Shantal ForSD

Thanks for giving me your advice.
Now someone is making the drawing of my story.I am planing to show that on this blog in the future.
Please look foward to that.