Saturday, February 2, 2013

Japanese lifestyle ~27~ Taibatsu

Today, I introduce the social problem of now in Japan.
Taibatsu means "corporal punishment".
 When you watch on TV in Japan, people blame for corporal punishment
that happen at school club. I have introduced the Japanese school club before on this blog.
This argument has begun from the accident that happened in Osaka.
A student committed the suicide because his teacher did a lot of corporal punishment.
  Probably, a lot of teacher or team coach did corporal punishment in order to
strengthen the team. The sports sometimes become competitive, so teacher
don't hesitate to do corporal punishment. In my case, I remember I was beaten
only one time when I was in junior high school.(I was in baseball club.)
I don't remember the reason now. Maybe I played a prank.
  Now, a lot of corporal punishment in various places are blamed.
The other day, the famous Judo player brought a charge against her team coach.
  Old people say, corporal punishment used to be normal in our age.
Actually, I saw teacher beat the students when I was in elementary school.
  Well, what is the good way for children when student brake the rule?
I think it is nonsense to do Taibatsu at sport club even if the student did not
play good performance at sport.

Thanks for reading!

Facebook page


2 comments:

Saku said...

I think, too, that it isn't neccessary to do this... There should be other ways then violence... ^^;
In Germany a teacher who beats a student will be fired.

marimari said...

Oh, relly?
It sounds strict rule for me.
Now Japanese people blame for
Taibatsu. I guess the rule would
be changing in the near future.