Monday, February 25, 2013

Japanese lifestyle ~31~ Ninomiya kinjirou

I went to an elementary school today.
I introduce a statue of Ninomiya Kinjirou.
Ninnomiya Kinjirou is the name of person who is famous for his
work on agriculture at edo period.

  The above picture is the stature of Ninomiya Kinjirou.
He was born in 1787 and he died in 1856. He was the director of Japanese
agriculture many years ago. He was born in farmer's family. That means,
he had to live low class under a hierarchical society. He is said that
he was so industrious person. As you see above, he is reading a book,
and he is carrying firewood on his back. It is said, when he was young,
he had to work. He studied so much, working so much.
  He is one of the ideal persons of Japanese people. It is said that Matsushita
Kounosuke, the founder of Panasonic respected him during his lifetime.
  I think a lot of elementary school have his statue  from the wish for
becoming a person like him.
 If Japanese people is asked, "who is the most industrious person in Japanese
history? " Some of men would answer Ninomiya Kinjirou.
He is kind of symbol of industrious person in Japanese history.

I watched the Yomikikase again at this school.
I watched the 1st grade of elementary school. I heard that each class has about 25 children.
They were so small and cute. ^^;
Children said,"Arigatou gozaimashita!!" altogether after the reader finished reading.

I will start to work as English teacher at cram school from March.
And I may teach Japanese to children as well.
If I can introduce what Japanese children study at Japanese class,
that would be nice.

Thanks for reading!
Facebook page



4 comments:

Saku said...

That's great! Good luck with your work then!
Oh and may I ask... Did you study to be a teacher or something? Or can you only do it for cram school?
I guess in Germany you would need an apprenticeship for this.. ^^;

marimari said...

In Japan, we don't have to learn
the skill to teach something before you start to work. But I have to spend hours for learning such skill in March.
And if you don't experience teaching, it is kind of hard to get job at cram school.
At least, you have to start as part time job employee.
If you want to become a teacher at public school, you have to spend hours for training before you get a job.
People who can't get a job at public school work at cram school until he or she find a job at public school.

vidhyagayathri said...

hi iam INDIAN. I hav more respect to japnese.Their politenature,hardworking ,punctuality and manymore. Expecting more in this blog.Thanx for ur goodwork.

marimari said...

To vidhyagayathri

Hi, thanks for leaving your
comment. This figure is known
as hardworking person.
I'll do my best on my blog.^^