Friday, February 8, 2013

Japanese saying ~ 7 ~ く ku

くるしい(kurushii) ときの(tokino) かみだのみ(kamidanomi) is today's saying.
The meaning is ...
くるしい=hardship ときの(when you have) かみだのみ=pray
 The person who don't believe in daily life prays only when he faces big hardship.
 Maybe it is me. hahaha. ^ ^ ; When people face some difficulties, they pray for God.
I can understand. Maybe I have such experiences many times in my life.
But I don't know the God really save me.
  I have seen on movie or something Christian people do this when they face a hardship.
I guess this behavior is common all over the world.
  I think in Japan, the sense of God is different from European culture.
In Japan, I guess Japanese religion is polytheist. People have the religion of Buddhism.
And also, people are interested in Shintoism.
  In our culture, creature in nature could be the God. There are many kinds of story telling
of fox, forest, snake, cat...and so on. People accept each story.
  As some of you are unfamiliar with the sense of polytheism, it may be kind of hard for me to
guess the sense of monotheism. 
  Hopefully, I would like to introduce the Japanese folktale. I believe the folktale
reflects each culture. I think there are many folktales that show that we Japanese people
believe in the God in nature.

2 comments:

Hyacinth said...

I think that I mostly (if not only) pray when I am going through hard times in my life;(

Thank for this article:) It was interesting;)

marimari said...

Oh, really? I guess there is a
cultural gap between your culture.
Japanese people would pray when they have exam for university or high school and when they really want to get married.