Sunday, November 4, 2012

Japanese food ~10~ A replica at restaurant

 When you travel Japan, you would go to Japanese restaurant.
And you would see some replicas in front of the entrance.
 If you have never been to Japan, you may get surprised to see that.
Here are the photos!

 I know this kind of stuffs are individual of Japanese culture.
The restaurant owners display the replicas so the customers can image the dishes of
the restaurant easily. Foreign people get surprised to see realistic replicas.
 You can't eat these dishes! It is not eatable!!
 I have seen the workman of these kind of stuffs on TV. He is making these kind of
stuff with great philosophy. He challenges to improve his technique so the replicas
become more realistic.
 
Thanks for reading!

Facebook page



3 comments:

Saku said...

This is so interesting! I also saw this in a Japanese restaurant here in Munich. At the first sight I thought it's really strange... But now I think it's just great! Because you always know what you will eat. ^^

marimari said...

Oh, are you living in Munich?
Did you see it strange?
That's interesting.

Saku said...

Yes I'm from Munich :)
I didn't see something like this before, so of course I was wondering on the first sight.. And I was sure it was REAL food first! haha