Sunday, November 25, 2012

Japanese habit/custom ~11~ a sneeze

 Are there any meaning when you do a sneeze in your culture?
In Japanese culture, if you do a  sneeze, people say someone is talking
about you at that moment.
  There is more story. I have heard about this from my parents when I was kid.

 Sneeze once= people are talking about you
 Sneeze twice= people hate you at that moment
 Sneeze three times= Someone love you
 Sneeze four times= You catch a cold at night
( I don't know this superstition is common in Japan.)

 On the comic book or anime, have you seen the scene
when character of comic do a sneeze and the other  character are talking about him?
  I have sometimes seen such scene on the comic book.
  It is a Japanese humor.

  If you read a Japanese comic or watch an anime, you may find such scene.


Yesterday was my birthday. ^ ^ 
I think the style of celebration is normal. You may get together with your family or
friends and eat cake...and so on. Someone may give a present to you.


Thanks for reading!

Facebook page




5 comments:

Delilah said...

Happy birthday ;)

We say someone is taling about you if your ear wisthle. I don't remember with one, maybe it's the right ear, so they're saying good thing about you, left, they speak ill..

Also with the nose, if it's tickling, someone is talking about you.

If we sneeze once, the others says "make your wish", like "god bless you", twice "for your love", three times, "may they long forever".

Saku said...

誕生日おめでとう! (^_^)
I always hear when you sneeze 3x you can make a wish ^^
But since I watch a lot of Anime, I also say someone is talking about me... hahaha

Saku said...

Oh by the way... Do you say anything after someone sneeze?
In Germany you would say "Gesundheit" (it's like "bless you") to the one who sneezed. But since a few years the one who sneezed should say "sorry", but we still say "bless you"... XD

marimari said...

To Delilah

Thank you!
It is interesting that there are this kind of habit in France as well.

marimari said...

To Saku.

Thank you.
We don't say any specific word like "Gesundheit".
If we say anything,
we would say, "Someone must be
talking about you.".