Friday, November 9, 2012

Japanese food ~12~ The breakfast

  I introduce what I eat at the breakfast.
Here is the picture.
 On this photo, we see the rice, soup, natto(and the topping. topping were laver, a long green onion,
a quail egg ), the fish(it is broiled mackerel),
green tea. And the above on the photo, we see the laver boiled in sweetened soy sauce(left)
I don't know what were the packed bowls. I see a boiled beans.(it is brown color)
 The soup was not miso soup. I had a udon in that morning. Usually, I have a miso soup
in the morning.
 I know people don't have raw egg in the western culture. I like to put a quail egg into
natto as topping. Do you know some Japanese people like "tamago kake gohan"?
tamago = egg
kake = put on
gohan = rice
  It is the rice mixed the raw egg with soy sauce. You may be able to make it in your country.
But you would not like it if you have never had a raw egg.
  It is natural for Japanese people to eat fish for breakfast. But I heard that it is not common
to eat a fish for breakfast. And it is also natural for Japanese to eat a natto for breakfast.
  But our foods have become diversified nowadays. So, some of people would eat bread or serial
for  breakfast. In my case, I always eat rice.

10 comments:

Saku said...

Okay... Expect the egg, I guess I would eat it. As you say, it's not common to eat raw eggs in western countries. I think I could never eat raw egg... ^^;
But I definitely want to eat natto one day. Don't know if I like it, but it's worth to give it a try :D

Saku said...

ooops... expect = except .... xD
(Yeah.. Expect the egg! lol)

marimari said...

Oh,I see.
But if you had been born in Japan,
you would not feel weird when you
see people eat the raw egg.
It is just the difference of custom.^^

Delilah said...

Saku, I've found a french website which sell natto and send it by post. But the order must be 3 minimum. I also want to try one day, but I'm afraid I won't eat the 3 natto, we should do a group order ;)

When he was young, my father used to swallow raw egg : a hole at each extremity and he breathed in to swallow the egg. I think it was more common 50 years ago than now. I would never do it..

marimari said...

I don't promise natto tastes good
for you. A lot of people don't like the smell of natto.

But please try it some day.^^

Saku said...

Recently someone told me there was a Japanese restaurant in Munich, where I could eat Natto! I'll give it a try one day XD

marimari said...

Yeah, Just try it!!
But I don't guarantee
it is delicious.^^;

Saku said...

I'll let you know.. lol

Yanna said...

I like and I don't like natto in the same time ^^ I can"t explain why. If it's a little, it's ok. When I'm reading your blog, I really want to eat it ^^

marimari said...

To Alice

Oh, you have eaten natto.
It's healthy.