Sunday, November 18, 2012

Japanese lifestyle ~12~ heating system part 3

It is getting colder in Japan. The temperature is 15.9 degree in this morning.
I write about "tsukaisute kairo".
tsukaisute = disposable
kairo = a body warmer
In winter, many Japanese people use this tsukaisute kairo
especially when we go outside the home.
An iron powder, salt, and active carbon are packed inside this tsukaisute kairo.


1 First of all, you open the tsukaisute kairo.
2 And then you shake it
3 This tsukaisute kairo get warmer gradually.
When iron powder is oxidized, it radiates heat.
This is handy heating system. So when you need to wait for a long time
(for example, making a line at concert or ramen shop! ), this tsukaisute
kairo is useful. I remember some
students have this kairo in a school when I was kid

And the price is just 300 yen (10 packs). 2.90 Euro, 3.69 US dollar

Thanks for reading. Please give me any advices.

Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/#!/SeeMyJapan


3 comments:

Delilah said...

I must look for that! I don't know if it's commercialized in france but as my hands are always cold in winter (getting even white!) I should have that! Great idea :)

Saku said...

Wow! I will definitely see if I can get those, too... I'm freezing to death with 2°C here.. lol

marimari said...

In Japan, it is so easy to get
these stuffs.
Please look for this stuff.