Saturday, March 2, 2013

Japanese food ~29~ Sakura mochi 桜餅(さくらもち)

This is Japanese sweet, called Sakura mochi.
You know sakura? (さくら)
  The color is like sakura(a cherry blossom). You can eat the leaf.
The leaf is the food preserved in salt. Now it is not the season of Sakura(a cherry blossom).
The salt preserve the food for a long time.
   Mochi is sticky rice. I have heard that there is no sticky food like mochi.
So it if hard for other country people to eat mochi. I want you to try it someday.
  I  will take a lot of photos in the season of sakura.
 I have already planed to do Hanami(花見=はなみ)with my friends.
Hanami is a party. You drink a beer or sake, seeing sakura under the trees of sakura.
Look forward to seeing the photos of sakura in my hometown.
The season will be coming in April.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Note to myself: try the Sakura mochi when I go to Japan this November :)

I am so looking forward to it!

Is it served in special places or can it be bought anywhere?

marimari said...

To Shantal ForSD

Oh, you come to Japan.
That's sounds nice.I want you to
tell me what is new to you.
Well, I think you can get it anywhere in Japan. You can check out 和菓子(wagashi=Japanese sweet)and 桜もちon Internet.
Probably you can find some shops at the place where you will visit.

Saku said...

Ooh I like mochi! I could buy them in a Japanese store ^_^ Also Daifuku, it's very delicious!

marimari said...

I heard that there wass no sticky food like mochi. So people don't like it so much.

But you like it!! That sounds nice.

Unknown said...

Thank you :)
I am also thinking that it would be a good idea to keep a diary of what I experience - I am sure many things will come as surprise to me.
Looking forward!

Melissa said...

Ah I like mochi!

There's a local mochi here in Indonesia, the filling is made of peanut butter :D

marimari said...

To Melissa

Do you have stuff like mochi in Indonesia? It is sweet food, isn't it?

marimari said...

Shantal ForSD

I look foward it. It is nice chance to see our culture from outside. Thanks