Sunday, March 31, 2013

Japanese habit/custom ~34 ~ When you can't wait at the toilet

  Today, there was a concert by famous pianist, Fujiko Heming.
As I introduced you on this blog, you can't see a lot of people
on the street in Maebashi city. But today, I saw so many people
around the concert hall. The pianist is over 80 years old, and she
is almost deaf. But she is still engaged in concert.
  The capacity of the hall was about 2000 seats. And it was almost full today.
She played many pieces. The audience was so excited.

  Well, I want to write about Japanese middle age woman.
When you join this kind of event, women have to make a line
at a toilet. Today, I saw a lot of women making a line at toilet.
If you really need to do that quickly, how do you deal with the situation?
Japanese middle aged women sometimes get in the man's toilet.
When I was going to get in the toilet, a woman suddenly got in the
man's toilet. ∑(`□´/)/ ナニィィイイイ!! Unexpected intruder !!
  Japanese women are strong...∑( ̄[] ̄;)!ホエー!!

  I sometimes see this situation, when you are at toilet of the high way.
Men can't use the women's toilet in Japan. But women use the man's
toilet without permission in an emergency.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is actually funny :)

yeah, I know it is not ethical, but still - it is funny.

It is pretty much the same story over here in DK. As fule, ladies and gents are separated, but there are some places still, where there is only one common toilet (like at my working place, for example). I have a men's profession, so I am the only woman among 50 men. Building a toilet just for me makes no sense, so when I have to go, I just get in there ... we are used to each other now - nobody notices and nobody cares.

marimari said...

To Shantal ForSD

OH, is it same!?
I am always embarrassed when
lady comes into men's toilet.

Anonymous said...

I think this is the correct tradition. (But I can not imagine the kind in Russia! Intentions women may be interpreted incorrectly.)
I have a question. How should a man do in this situation?

marimari said...

To Anonymous

I don' know....^^;

I just leave it.

hahaha

I am thinking it is not so big
problem.

Saku said...

*haha* It's the same in Germany... ^^;
But I think men DO care about it... ^^;;

marimari said...

To Saku

Is it the same!?
( ̄ー ̄; ヒヤリ

Who made this rule!?

Saku said...

hahaha I don't know! I wonder sometimes, too... X'D