Monday, March 11, 2013

Japanese lifestyle ~ 38 ~ Two years later

It has been two years from the big earthquake in Tohoku area.
I tell you about it.
 We see some articles on earthquake(東日本大震災 Higashi nihon daishinsai)
on newspaper. The top page broadcasts a family that lost 11 years old daughter.
People died 15,881. And there are 2,668 missing people.
People who have taken  refuged apart from their hometown are 315,196.
A lot of memorial ceremonies are held in many places.
Reconstruction of the Tohoku area isn't still on the way.
  But I heard that there are some areas where reconstruction is making
steady progress.
  I see some interviews of people living in Tohoku area on newspaper or TV.
 They answer positively.
  My hometown, Gunma is about 200 km far from those areas. There are
some people who moved to Gunma. I sometimes find supports for those
people. For example, if you are the resident of earthquake victims, you can
watch the movie at movie festival for free.

  We realize the importance of helping with each other.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I read an article these days about one unexpected result from the earthquake in the area around the Fukushima nuclear plant: many families with young children fall apart because the mothers want to move away with their babies, while the fathers cannot leave their jobs in the area. Since the radiation is even more dangerous for very young children, the mothers naturally want to move away, which causes splitting of the family. Looks like generations will be affected by this disaster.

Tragedy beyond words, really.

marimari said...

To Shantal ForSD

Journals and newspapers would not tell
us the reality enough.
Words may have limitation to describe
the reality.
If I need to know more, I should go
and see there.

Saku said...

It's still very hard to believe what happened... It's so horrible!
My thoughts are still with those people.
I think it's wrong not to tell the truth. They should tell everyone what's going on. Everyone should have the rights to know what is happening.

marimari said...

To Saku

Have you experienced the earthquake in Germany?

Saku said...

No, we don't have any earthquakes.. Luckily.. I think I would be very very scared...
But when it happend in Fukushima, I watched the news all the day for a week, even in the office. I felt so bad back then for all the people. :(

marimari said...

To Saku

I had never experienced such
bad mude in my life.
The warnings were given so many
times from the mobile phone.

Saku said...

I can imagine it was even more horrible of course for someone who lives in Japan... :(
Back then I cried a lot for Japan. No one understood why it touched me so much, but Japan is and will forever be my favorite country.. >_<