Sunday, March 24, 2013

Short trip in Gunma ~7~ shopping district in Maebashi part 2


  Today, there was a preview of an exhibition at this art space.
(I have introduced this art space, Short trip in Gunma ~6~)
  This is the place to make Maebashi city active through artistic activities.
You can use this space for dance, theater play, and other exhibition.
As you can see above, there were no people when I took this photo.(ノω・、) ウゥ・・・
It is not because of the big earthquake. ^^; Just economic recession.
  But I saw a lot of people inside of this town.



  I saw some works made by children. The atmosphere was so nice.
It was enjoyable!! A lot of press was coming.
  And also, I joined an opening ceremony of my piano academy.
The academy moved to around this shopping district.
The walls were made of Akita sugi(a Japanese cedar).





  I heard that the carpenter who made this room has sophisticated skill.
He has great knoleghe of Japanese traditional architecture. Nowadays,
the numbers of carpenters who have great skill like him are decreasing.
Akita sugi is the most expensive wood in Japan.
  I heard that a mayor of Maebashi city is an understanding person
toward art. He came to this opening ceremony and celebrated about this
event. I had a chance to talk to him.
 And I came up a good idea in my mind!! 
How about I plan to hold a big event of children's literature?
I would like to get a lot of people together from all over the world to this city!
 ((((o゚▽゚)o))) ドキドキ♪
 And cosplay event would be attractive for a lot of people. 

 Anyway, I wanted to tell that local area in Japan is challenging!! がんばっている!


3 comments:

Saku said...

What beautiful sculptures! This looks so interesting, if I was there, I definitely would go and visit it! ^_^
Also I think events for children's literature and cosplay would be great. I guess many people like this events. :D

marimari said...

To Saku

The atmosphere was so cool!!
Do you really think the event is nice?

Saku said...

Of course! (^_^)
But I guess it also depends on how many people will know about it, also from other cities...
I would go there, if I could.. haha