Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Short trip in Gunma ~6~ shopping district in Maebashi 前橋の商店街(まえばしのしょうてんがい)

  Today, I introduce a shopping district of Maebashi.
Maebashi is the prefectural captal in my hometown.
  Unfortunately, a lot of cities in the district area have
problems. The liveliness has been down for a long time.



This is a small river that goes through the shopping district.


We go to this arcade street.

This is cyouchin. I posted about this on this blog.
When I posted this article, I could not find a good picture.
http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1615883098712371315#editor/target=post;postID=4503079407169546755


Here is the main street of shopping district. As you see above, there is no people... ^^;

But there was a temple like this. The statures made by stone are called "Ojizousama".
It is said that ojizousama helps our life. Japanese people have friendliness to these
statures.(I should have got closer to and taken a picture.)


This shop is selling Japanese traditional goods.

 ふくしまや is the place where people sell goods of Fukushima (the earthquake happened in Fukushima) to support them.
No people....(ToT)
A public toilet(for free)

This is nice restaurant. なかなか素敵(すてき)なレストラン

  This building will become art space in October. People in Maebashi try to
become this city active.

  As you see, our Maebashi city is not like Tokyo.
When I go to Tokyo, I feel uneasy because there are too many people.
( ̄□ ̄;)!!


Thanks for reading!
Facebook page

4 comments:

Saku said...

Wow... This really looks like a ghost town.. a little bit.. ^^;;
Can shops keep themselves when no one is there? I guess in Germany they would have to close if it was like this.... Because it's too expensive ^^;
I hope your city will be more active with the art space!

Markus said...

Has Maebashi city always been this quiet or is it because of 東日本大震災?

marimari said...

To Saku

Young people are trying to make
this area more active!
But I guess it would be hard to
manage the shop around there.
One of the reasons is because
a big shopping mall has been built
near here. A lot of people go to
the mall.

marimari said...

To Markus

The main reason is not because of
東日本大震災.As I wrote above, a big shopping mall has been built
near here. A lot of people go there
without coming here.
Our hometown is about 300 km from
the place from tohoku area. So there were not collapses here.