Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My work (children's story) ~6~ Genta part 3(ゲンタ 第3話)

  I translated the next part of my work.
It is sometimes hard to translate directly.
So, maybe there are some parts whose nuances are different between
Japanese and English.
 
 3

After a few weeks later, it was getting cold. When Genta was fishing by the Chirochiro River, he found a white bird flying. It was coming from a square.

“Hey, you! I haven’t seen you around here! Who are you?”

“Me? Yes, I’ve come around here from the north land. I’m a migratory bird, Teruteru. I’m going to take a rest with my friends near this village. Why didn’t you go to the square?”

“Why? I don’t have anything to do at the square.”
“Everyone is practicing a play.”
“Really? Is everyone practicing a play now?”
“Yeah, everyone is at the square.”
“I didn’t know the play would happen again!”
“I heard they would do again because the last play didn’t go well. The performance will be on next Sunday. I’ll see you there, bye!”

A migratory bird, Teruteru flew in the direction of the forest.

 
Hey, I haven’t heard everyone will do the play. Why anyone didn’t tell me about that!?

 

Oh…

 
Is that because I cheated them at the play…? Maybe everyone didn’t tell me about the next play because I would do something at the play.

Genta looked up the sky.

 

Actually, I dug a hole at the last play, but…it was because that would become funnier!

----Why everyone didn’t tell me about the next play? I would join them if they told me.

-----------------Did everyone decide not to do the play without me…?
 
 ---- I may not be able to join the play after this.  

 Genta reminded the days when he practiced the play with everyone. And he missed the days.

--- I should go to the square. And I will join them.

 Genta decided to go to the square.
Genta found about 15 animals practicing at the square.

“Hey guys!”

Genta said to them, but nobody turned toward to Genta because they were practicing seriously. His voice might be too small. Everyone was practicing each line with loud voice. Genta sat down at the big stone in the grass and watched the scene played by them. Nobody turned toward to Genta.

Has everyone decided not to see me!?

 
Genta lay down on the grass. The sky was so clear. Some fleecy clouds were there. It looked like the sea he saw with mom some years ago. He wanted to see a cloud shaped like a ship, but there were not the clouds there.

 Genta didn’t know how to do. Nobody looks at him and talks to him.

 Genta sat up suddenly.

--- Probably, they don’t talk to me because I bothered them at the last play…

 Maybe I have to compensate for it.
 Genta thought.


To be continued
 


 それからしばらくして、だいぶ寒くなってきたころでした。ゲンタは、川べりで魚つりをしていると、ひろばのほうから白い鳥が飛んできました。
「ねえ、君、ここらじゃみかけないね。」
 ゲンタは空に向かってさけびました。
「わたしのこと?そうね、さいきん、北の国からわたってきたのよ。わたり鳥(a migratory bird)のテルテルよ。しばらく、なかまとこの村でお休みをするつもりなの。どうして、あなたは、ひろばにいかないの?」
「ひろば?いかないよ。べつにようじはないから。」
「みんな、劇のれんしゅうをしているじゃない?」
「ええ?みんな、劇のれんしゅうをしているの?ほんとうに?」
「そうよ。村のみんながひろばにあつまっているわ。」
「また劇をやるなんて、しらなかったな。」
「この間、劇がうまくいかなかったから、またやるらしいわ。こんどの日曜日にあるらしいけど、私は観に行くわ。じゃあね。」
 わたり鳥のテルテルは、そういうと森のほうへと飛んでいきました。
 
 なんだよ・・・またみんなで劇をやるなんてしらないぞ。だれもおしえてこないじゃないか。
 
 あ・・・。
 
 たぶん、ぼくがいたずらばかりしていたから、みんな劇をやることをぼくにおしえなかったんだ・・・。きっと、またぼくがじゃまをするから・・・。
 ゲンタは、空を見上げながらそう思いました。
  でも、このあいだの劇であなをほったのは、そっちのほうがぜったいおもしろいからだ。
  どうして、みんなぼくに劇のことを話さないんだ。話してくれば、いっしょにやるのに。もしかして、ぼくを劇のなかまにいれないことを、みんなできめたんだろうか。
 
―――――――― もしかして、もうこれからずっとみんなの中に入れなくなるのかな。
 
―――――― どうしよう?
 
 ゲンタはみんなといっしょに劇のれんしゅうをしていたときのことがなつかしくなりました。ひろばにいけば、劇のれんしゅうのなかにはいれるかもしれないな。
 ゲンタはひろばに行くことにしました。
ゲンタがひろばにやってくると、15ひきくらいのどうぶつたちが、劇のれんしゅうをしていました。
「やあ、みんな。」
 ゲンタはみんなにむかって声をかけましたが、みんなはれんしゅうのさいちゅうでしたので、ゲンタのほうにふりむきませんでした。声が小さかったのかもしれません。みんな、それぞれ自分のせりふを大声でれんしゅうしています。ゲンタは、しばらくのあいだ、みんなのれんしゅうのようすをくさむらのなかにある大きな石にこしかけてながめていました。しかし、だれもゲンタのほうをむきません。
 みんな、ぼくのほうを見ないようにしているんだろうか
 ゲンタはごろんとねっころがってしまいました。空はとても澄みわたり(すみわたり)、ゲンタがいつかお母さんといっしょに見に行った海のようでした。ゲンタはどうしたらいいのかわからなくなりました。だれもゲンタのほうをむいてくれませんし、だれもゲンタに話しかけてきません。
 
 ゲンタはおもいついて、おきあがりました。やっぱり、ぼくがみんなの劇をじゃましたから、みんなぼくにはなしかけようとしなくなったにちがいない。
――― なんとかしなくてはいけない。
ゲンタは思いました。

つづく

No comments: