Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Japanese lifestyle ~ 39 ~ Kaomoji (顔文字)かおもじ

  When Japanese people communicate with person through computer,
they use Kaomoji. Today, I introduce some of them.
I guess this culture is peculiar to Japan.
Actually, you may use emoticons. In Japan there are thousand of Kaomoji.
Kao means face.
moji means letter.
  Kaomoji is like this one.
\(^▽^)/
 This kaomoji shows "smile". When you have happy thing in your daily life,
you put on this kaomoji after Japanese sentence.

・゚・(ノД`;)・゚・
 This kaomoji shows "crying"


ばいばい(⌒ー⌒)ノ~~~  Good bye

(。・ω・)ノ゙ コンチャ♪
This kaomoji says, ”コンチャ” It is the shorten word of こんにちは

(*_ _)人ゴメンナサイ
When you say sorry.
Do you know Japanese people sometimes say sorry by joining their palm
together? 人 express the palm.

[壁]_・)チラッ
You hide behind the wall. 壁 means wall.
When you see something at glance, you say チラッ in Japanese.

(゚д゚)(。_。)(゚д゚)(。_。) ウンウン
This means "Yes". This figure is nodding two times. When you nod, Japanese
people say ウン


(--、)ヾ(^^ )なくんじゃないよ
This means "encouragement" He says, Don't cry.



Σ( ̄ロ ̄lll) ガビーン
This means "shocked !!"


( -_-)ノ ---===≡≡≡ 卍 シュッ!
What is this???
This is the scene Ninja is throwing "Shuriken".
It is the weapon of Ninja.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB:Edo_period_shuriken.jpg


I can't introduce all. Because there are too many. It is said that people still
keep creating this kind of stuff somewhere.


5 comments:

Saku said...

*haha* I love this!
I got a lot of this here:
http://club.pep.ne.jp/~hiroette/en/facemarks/
I think there are never ending possibilities to create new kaomoji (≧∇≦)

marimari said...

To Saku

Do people in Germany exchange
these kaomoji when you send
e-mail by mobile phone?
In Japan, it is common among
young people.

Saku said...

Only with friends who also like anime/manga ^^;
Most of my other friends or colleagues who don't know much about anime don't even understand they are emoticons... For them it's just some random letters... haha

marimari said...

To Saku

I heard that German people don't
accept adults read manga or watch
anime. Do you hide when you read manga or watch? ^^;
Japan is like a heaven for
people who like manga or anime.
People don't care at all nowadays.
There are some mangas for education. People think manga is
good way to understand difficult
thing easily.

Saku said...

Hmm... I think it's getting better.
When I was in school, I didn't have many friends and nearly everyone from my class bullied me because I watched Sailor Moon and Pokémon... ^^;
But nowadays it's more and more accepted.
Everyone knows I like manga and anime, no one has a problem with it now ^_^
When I read manga on the train, sometimes some people watch over my shoulder and some also say "great/cute drawings" etc.. haha