Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Japanese lifestyle ~42~ a memorial service for pet

  When I was in barber shop a few weeks ago, I heard the customer
next to me was talking about a memorial service for pet.
  In Japan, there are some temples that provide the memorial service
for your pets. When I was kid, my house kept a dog (Cocker Spaniel).
When he died, hour family did not use such service.
  By the way, the customer at the barber shop, was complaining about
the high price of such service. Actually, he were not going to use
such service. He was just complaining that the monk can earn a lot of money.
He said that a temple near his house has four luxury cars(Lexus of TOYOTA).
And he also said that tax collectors have been investigating the temple.
  Maybe the price of such service for pet is almost same as the man's
funeral. So, a quite few people may use such service.

  Do you have such service in your country?




4 comments:

Saku said...

Oh wow...
I've never heard of something like this in Germany.
There are only some institutions you can call when you are sad, just to talk about it with them. Maybe it's like a psychologist... ^^; But I don't know how expensive they are.

Unknown said...

People in Denmark are a lot into their pets, and consider them to be part of the Family. They can spent insane amount of money on veterinarians and pet-care. There are special crematoriums for pets. Special cemeteries for pets - but not on a "holy" ground.

In Bulgaria, this is considered to be an over_the_top thing - more or less a problem of luxury. I guess it depends on the level of suciety. Such busines will have trouble surviving in BG - people would not spend mone on a dead pet - not even to prove status. I guess people have different values.

marimari said...

To Saku

I thought other countries don't have a manner like this.
But it is interesting that Germany has a institution like that. I have never heard of the institution in Japan.

marimari said...

To Shantal ForSD

Oh, you may find the difference between Denmark and Bulgaria. That sounds interesting.
I heard that the clothing for pets are more expensive than man's clothing in Japan...