Friday, March 8, 2013

Japanese lifestyle ~36 ~ A slogan標語(ひょうご)

In Japan when you walk on the road, we sometimes find
a board that shows a slogan.

This boar shows 考えよう 自分の行動 みんなの気持ち
If I translate this slogan directly,
Let's think about
your act(behavior)
and feeling of everyone
People of the community in this area would make this board.
Maybe this slogan urges children to reflect on their daily life.
Your behavior may hurt the other people.

 But I had not seen this kind of boards carefully in my life before
I decided to write about this on this blog. ^ ^ ;

  This slogan is consisted like a haiku(poem)
Haiku is a Japanese poem consisting of seventeen syllables.
I write the slogan above by Hiragana.
かんがえよう
じぶんのこうどう
みんなのきもち
 Oh, this is not consisting of seventeen syllables. It is nineteen syllables.
But, Japanese people feel rhythm, hearing this slogan.
That's because this slogan sounds like haiku.
  Maybe haiku is introduced on guide book. So I don't write in detail here.


No comments: