Sunday, March 24, 2013

The price in Japan ~7~ barbershop

   If you have hair cut at barbershop in my hometown, it costs 3500 yen.
(28.51 Euro, 37.07 USD, 1,142.41 RUB) A barber cuts and wash your hair.
And, he shaves whiskers and so on.
  What do you think of this price?
  I guess it is more inexpensive in abroad.
  I still remembered the day when I challenged to go to
the barber in New Zealand. I could not speak English at all
at that time. I just explained how to cut by gesture.
The barber(she looked like a punk rocker. she was wearing black
leather pants.) didn't understand my gesture at all.
  And she grimaced so much....
  I said, OK OK....!!! (I was just embarrassed.)
  Anyway, the barber costed just about 7 New Zealand dollar.
(But she didn't wash my hair.)

  But nowadays, I sometimes find some barbers that cut your hair
just 1000 yen. I have been such barbershops several times. But
I realized that those barbers don't have good skills. And they really
do not treat politely.

 I have never been to a beauty parlor yet. In Japan, some men
go to a beauty parlor for having their hair cut. Is this common in
your country? I want to write about a beauty parlor someday.

4 comments:

Markus said...

私が行く床屋は、30ユーロです。同じぐらいですね。

marimari said...

マルクス

 30ユーロですか。思ったより高いですね。
頭を洗ったり、髭(ひげ)をそったりしてくれますか?

Markus said...

I don't have Japanese keyboard layout installed on this computer :(.

Anyway, 30e is a price for hair washing + cutting. Sometimes they have special campaign for lower prices though. But on campaign time it's very hard to get a reservation.

marimari said...

To Markus

You mean, you can't type in Japanese on your computer?
Is the other computer available
for typing Japanese?

I don't often see the barbershop
that has special campaign service
in my hometown.
I guess most of people get the
service for regular price.
There might be difference.