Monday, October 8, 2012

Don't do this in Japan!! ~1~ speak loudly in the train.



 On this column, I give you advice in case you travel in Japan.
Mostly, Japanese people do not say directly about what they think in mind.
In our culture, Japanese avoid saying what they think in mind.
I think this habit confuses a lot of people from abroad.
 So, you must be hard to know what Japanese people really intend.
I will tell you what you should care if you come to Japan.
 
 Don't speak loudly in the train!!

  In Tokyo, I sometimes see a  group from other country is speaking loudly in the train.
If you come to Japan, you would notice people keep quiet in the train. I think keeping quiet
in the train is very important manner in Japan.
  If Japanese people find the foreign people who speak loudly in the train, they might be feeling
unconfortable. But they would not tell you not to speak loudly because they don't want to
say directly what they think in mind.
  In the train, I think our culture does not allow people to speak loudly on mobile phone.
If you are in the train, you hear announcement say, ''please your mobile phone should be manner mode''.

  The other day, I found one woman from European country are speaking loudly on the
mobile phone in the book store. I thought she standed out in the book store.

If you think my blog is interesting, please share with your friends who are interested in Japanese
culture on facebook or something.
If you have anything you want to know about Japanese culture, please let me know. I welcome.



2 comments:

Saku said...

Sometimes I whished for this kind of rules in Germany, too.... (=_=)
I hate it when people on the train talk very loud on the phone for hours. I don't want to know their whole life story. ^^;

marimari said...

Don't you have the common rule in Germany? In Japan, most of people
watch their mobile phone or smart phone silently.
These people may looks strange for
you if you see that. ^^;