Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Japanese food ~4~ Yakisoba


 
Today's dinner was Yakisoba. It was 650 yen.
8.30 US dollar
6.44 Euro
258.06 RUB
 
Yaki = baked
soba = noodles
 
I have not had Yakisoba for a long time. The last time was maybe more than 10 years ago.
Usually, you put some kinds of vegetables, such as cabbage, carrot, bean sprouts, onions and so on.
I have had similar chinese food abroad. But, the taste was totally different.
Can you see the red stuff on the left? It is called Beni- shouga
= a red collored ginger
If you eat Yakisoba in the Japanese restaurant, usually beni shouga is put on the yakisoba.
It tastes little bit sour.
 
We call inexpensive foods like Yakisoba ''B- kyu  gourmet''
It means B class gourmet. But I think Japanese don't always have negative image on
B-kyu gourmet.
(I think I will write about B-kyu gourmet in detail later.)
 
 

No comments: