Sunday, October 14, 2012

Japanese lifestyle ~5~ school club

I wrote this topic from a viewer's suggestion.
In Japan, the school club are common.
I knew that this system is not always common in the other country.
So I introduce on this blog.

Students usually belong to a school club.
(In Japan students go to elementary school from 6 to 12 years old
 students go to the junior high school from 13 to 15 years old
 students go to the high school from 16 to 18 years old)
  In my case, when I was in elementary school, I had to belong to one school
club. I was in softball club. I used to play the softball club about one hour on
every Tuesday. When I was in the elementary school, the club activity was one of the classes.
 When I was in junior high school, I used to be in baseball club.
And when I was in high school, I used to be in baseball club.
I had to go to the club after the school almost everyday. I used to practice the baseball
until around 7:00 P.M. almost everyday. And when I was in high school, I used to practice
until 9:00 P.M.

The club activity is divided into two type, sports and culture.
About sports, there are clubs such as, baseball, basketball, volleyball,track and field,
judo, kendo, swimming, and so on
Culture clubs are like art(drawing, music),and learning traditional Japanese culture
(such as Sa dou or Ka dou)
Sa dou is the study of a tea-ceremony.
Ka dou is the study of flower arrangement.

In the conversation between Japanese people,
it is common to talk about what kind of clubs they belonged to when we were child.
The kind of the club depends on each school. So, I hear unusual club. It is good topic
when you talk with Japanese people.

Yesterday, I heard the convesation between the co-workers of the restaurant where
I am working now. She was hight school student. She decided to belong to the
''Sa Ka'' dou club. (maybe the students of the club learn the both of Sa dou and Ka dou)
She said she decided just because she can eat sweets not because she is eager to learn
traditional culture. ^ ^ ; (in Japan, usually bringing sweets to school is not allowed.
Eating sweets is a special privilege of Sa dou club students )

I opened facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/SeeMyJapan


No comments: