Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Japanese lifestyle ~9~ heating system 2

  I introduce the Japanese system again.
In Japan, the floor heating may be one of the heating system that people
use for heating.
  But I don't have it in my house.
  On this column, I would like to introduce the''Kotatsu'' ''Hibach''and ''Irori''.
Kotatsu is quite popular tool to heat our leg.
  Look!! This is the Kotatsu.(This is not my room.Photo is from Wikipedia)
The underside is like this.
In winter, Japanese people like to eat ''mikan(Japanese orange)'' when we warm
our leg. Mikan is like this. It is sweet. I like mikan.

 

 People used to use charcoal as a heat source for many years ago.Nowadays, all of the
heat source must be electricity.
 Here is Hibachi.
 This is traditional heating system. People put on charcoal inside.
I don't often see this Hibachi. But I think people still use this type of heating system.
For a long time ago, this is used among Samurai,a nobleman and noblewoman.
And it is said a lot of people start to use this in the Edo period.
 This picture shows how to use the Hibachi. Please take note. Usually, woman do not
tie their hair like this now in Japan!! ^ ^ ;  This is so old stylish hair. Only when woman
wear kimono at special day, woman tie their hair like this.

 This is ''Irori''.
 I don't see at all in the district where I live now. But I think people who live in Tohoku area
(the area where there was huge earthquake 3.11 in 2011)still use this type of heating system.
And people who live in the other area may use Irori.
This is traditional style. I have seen this only on the photo.  I want to take a look Irori.


Thanks for reading!

Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/#!/SeeMyJapan


2 comments:

Saku said...

I wished I could have a Kotatsu, too... ^^;; It looks so comfortable!

marimari said...

It costs more than about
4000yen(40euro) in Japan.
It depends on the quality.^^